Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Taper Week 1 - Week 15

I have finally hit marathon week! I am a mix of emotions about everything!  I am every excited one minute and wanting to puke the next!  Checking the weather in Boston every hour and feeling phantom pains all over my body that actually are not there.....
This is part of Taper madness! =)

However, I am more excited than anything else.  I cannot believe that after everything: the qualifying, the training, the planning, that it is finally a week away!

I am now figuring out what to wear and what to pack.  One thing I do know.... What shoes I will wear.   My new Asics 2170 from Run For Your Life!  My Zoe is guarding them for me!
Take me running with you!

I will guard your shoes for you!
As of today, Boston is offering a rather warm day on Monday, April 16th.  At this point it will be highs 75 and partly cloudy.  My starting time isn't until 10:40 am so that means I will run in the heat of the day.  I'm hoping it will be cooler, but I choose not to stress about things I don't control.  I have completed most of my runs in the heat and/or rain.  So the elements are not making me fear.  I am also hoping my hydration plan will work out for me in the heat.  I try to drink around a gallon of water a day!

My jug of H2O!
However, whatever the weather holds, I have finished my training and now I just recover to run.  So this is how my first week of tapering went! At this point, I have not burned any bridges or killed anyone.... so I feel like the tapering is going well.

Monday!
This was just a run with a few pickups.  Michelle and I met and ran about 6 miles.  I noticed that morning before the run that my Garmin had not charged up.  So I just ran this without my garmin... it felt weird.

Tuesday I did no workout. I wanted to make sure that I would be fully recovered from my 20 miler.  Also it is spring break so I sent Abigayle off on a youth Mission trip and then hung out with my Maggie the rest of the day.

Wednesday was hill work.  I was having a hard time breathing.  I'm not sure if this was because of allergies or just because I was still tired from my too fast 20 miler on Saturday.

Thursday was a rest day.... HA! I don't feel like I should rest.

Friday was a cold rainy 4 miler.  Supposed to be at pace but was a little too fast.... 8:20 pace. oops!

Saturday was a fun 10 mile run at a nice 8:45 pace with my friends!!!

So 1 more week and I will be there!  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love your jug of water, so funny. 6 days to go, I can't believe it is finally here!!!

    ReplyDelete