Monday, January 2, 2012

Mock 1/2 marathon - 12/23/11

On December 23rd of 2011 I ran a half marathon that I made up. I decided to run 13.1 miles and make it as much like a race as I could.
The week before, I took off from running. Besides almost killing me (because I NEED my therapy session..... Also known as running) it really helped me physically and mentally. So when I got up to go on my half marathon run, I felt ready! Or so I thought.
My half marathon' paces are on my Garmin. So if you are a numbers geek, click on the details!
All went well until I took my gel then I started having stomach cramps. However, I got through it and set up my paces for each run.
Goal was 1:44.10 but I did it in 1:45.18! This sets me up for a 3:42.05 marathon. That is how I will train, but we will see. Boston is a beast!
Monday Tempo: 7:43-8:03 mile per minute
Tuesday is swimming
Wednesday speed or hill: on speed days, I do circuit training. This is a bit of pain and agony. I warm up about a mile or two, run 800s (in 3:29-3:38), with strength training in between each 800, then cool down about a mile.
Thursday is total rest from exercise.
Friday is either pace or long run.
Saturday is either pace or long run depending on the girl's sport schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment