Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 2 - 1/1/12 - 1/7/12

This week has been a series of ups and downs in training.
It is too early for this kind of drama!
Monday! My tempo run went ok. I kinda bailed on it b/c I am a wimp in cold weather. Plan was to do 5 miles with 30 minutes of tempo. I did the 5 miles and did 3 miles around tempo pace. But the plan was 30 minutes and I did not do the full 30. My "coach" and dear friend, Michelle told me this was no big deal this early in training. ...but the number's geek in me said differently.
Near the end of my "tempo run" my middle toes started hurting in a weird kind of way. After I got home, I noticed I could not put weight on it without it hurting. Now I start stressing about it (while icing and resting it...oh, and looking on the good old Internet to self diagnose). The only thing I can figure is that my wearing heels on Sunday aggravated it. I self Dx it as Morton's Neuroma. I hoped with rest, icing, and swimming on Tuesday, I could fix it.
Tuesday I swam and got new shoes! Kara (at Run For Your Life) talked me into the same kind she has. Brooks! I have been an Asic's girl for a long time. I hoped they would work out. At this point, my foot was fine, not hurting at all. But I could tell I was walking funny to protect it.
Wednesday would be the foot test! I woke up with a cold! Oh I hate colds. It wasn't too bad, but bad enough that I wanted to pull the covers over my head when my alarm went off. But I got up and I did circuit training that includes 800 repeats with strength training. Foot was fine until the end. It didn't really hurt but felt weird so I bagged some miles...per Michelle's suggestion.
Friday I did my "long run". It was really short but it is what the plan called for. Foot good, cold bad, heart rate was out of the roof (due to cold I am assuming), and my run was awesome!
Saturday I did a pace run too fast. My shoes have been awesome and my foot is good. I can tell it is tender, but it doesn't hurt.
Oh, and I still have a cold.... I hate colds.

OK, onto next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment