Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 1 - 12/26/11 - 12/31/11

The first week of Boston training! The madness has begun. Everything started out good this week.
I got to run in three different states over the course of the week.
Now how many people can say that?
I started out on Monday in Virginia. This run was in Damascus on part of the Creeper bike trail. It was crisp and took me a bit longer to warm up than planned. I loved the coolness and quiet of this trail. However, as I started into the woods, I heard Banjos and ran faster...no just kidding. But I did turn around b/c I did not want to become a mountain statistic.
Tuesday I got to swim with my beautiful Abigayle!
Wednesday and Friday I ran in Greensboro, Ga. I did my hill work and pace run with the Phelps' Short Haired German Pointer. That dog is big and he can run..... and if he stops to pee, be ready to hurdle him then wait for at least 5 minutes.
Saturday I ran back in good ole Charlotte. Dropped Abigayle off at swim then headed out for my run. Ran the hilly King Tiger 5k route, then down to the green way. Run was great. It was warm but I felt strong the whole time. There was a biker on the green way that almost killed me at least 4 times.... Last time he attempted to run over me, I was running up David Taylor....A beast of a hill that you will hear much about. I may even give him his own entry into the blog. He deserves it.
Anywhooooo. I ran up that hill then ran 1 more mile back to my car.

If you are a number's geek (like I am) just click on the day of the week and my Garmin info will show you my numbers for each workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment